OLDE FASHIONED SUNDAY
Olde Fashioned Sunday on July 29th will be a great day to remember the beginnings of our Yankee Homecoming celebrations. We can enjoy some “new” events so as to make future memories for the current younger generations as the past has given some of us the “good ole’ days” to remember.
Olde Fashioned Sunday 2018 begins on the stage with the opportunity to show the audience your favorite pets. Every person and pet is a winner in this event. The formal opening of Yankee Homecoming will include the introduction of all the past chairperson and the singing of the national anthem.
When the stage has been reset, get ready to be entertained by none other than Elvis!!!
The Midway will be a favorite for all the kids. Every game is free and all kids get a prize. Then families are invited to have some fun participating in old fashioned games – three legged races, the egg in the spoon race and many more.
All this activity will make you hungry. Our favorite vendors are going to be ready to offer some great food. Then sweeten your day with candy from Shirley Lattime’s Country Store as they offer your favorite candy from a past era. Penny candy is no longer a penny but the flavors and sweetness are still the same. There’s popcorn too!!
There will be train rides around the pond, face painting, pony rides, water safety tips, classic cars displays and much more!
Olde Fashioned Sunday will offer fun and something for all ages.
Come enjoy the day with us!
Additional attractions and events encompassing the Bartlett Mall
- Family Midway 10:00am – 3:00pm
- Art on the Bartlett Mall 10:00 – 4:00pm Sponsored by NAA
Featuring regional artists exhibiting and selling their oils, watercolors and drawings. All original work with no reproductions
- Roaming Railroad 10:00 – 3:00pm
- J&J Ponies 10:00 – 3:00pm
- Antique Cars 10:30 – 1:00pm
- Atlantic Pro Wrestling 10:00 – 11:30 am and 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Barbershop Quartet and Friends 12:30 pm
- Josef Nocera performs as Elivs Presley 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Yankee Homecoming 200 R/C Car Racing 11:00 am sponsored by Pratt Hobby Shop of Georgetown and Scouts BSA 1:00 – 4:00 pm Pond Street Racers registration begins at 11:00 am. Bring your fastest 1/10 scale electric R/C rally car, truck, buggy, custom homemade, anything (but no gas!). The racetrack is a 200’ oval. Practice runs and heat assignments at 1:00 pm, qualifying races at 2:00 pm, finals at 3:00 pm. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies for the winners + many prizes for racers. Sponsored by Pratt Hobby Shop of Georgetown and Scouts BSA. Check the Yankee Homecoming website for further details.